The interactive table allows you to view and sort the available data for rates of potentially preventable hospitalisations for 22 conditions across Australia. The data are available for the rates of potentially preventable hospitalisations (per 100,000 people), total number of hospitalisations, total number of bed days, and Average Length of Stay (number of days, including same-day) across Primary Health Network areas and more than 300 smaller local areas known as Statistical Areas Level 3 (SA3).
The data can be added and removed from the table using the filter and menu selections below. The search allows you to find your local geography in the results presented. By default, the first 40 results for your selection will be shown on screen, and you can modify the number of results presented to suit your needs. You can navigate through the table using the page tabs (if available) under the table.
Select up to 6 conditions to show in the table below
Potentially preventable hospitalisations by Primary Health Network area: 2013–14
- Number of potentially preventable hospitalisations
- Total potentially preventable hospitalisation bed days
- Average Length of Stay, including same day admissions
- Not available for publication.
- Data source
- National Health Performance Authority analysis of Admitted Patient Care National Minimum Data Set 2013–14 and Australian Bureau of Statistics, Estimated Resident Population 30 June 2013